Saturday, May 23, 2009

2009-05-23 Nobody Knows the Truffles I Seen


Dateline Richmond, VA
Lat 37.5199
Long -77.4744

I stopped by the Farmer's Market at Forest Hill Park in Richmond today, only to discover that it's still too early in the season for most of the produce, except for some wilted leafy stuff left over.

But I fell to the sweet talking of Kelly the Chocolate lady, who had something I had not seen before. She had taken waffle cones and lined the inside with dark chocolate and then filled with banana, blueberries and strawberries. Unfortunately, you won't see them either, as I didn't think to take a picture of it until I had consumed the last one. Trust me, it was delicious and had nearly all my food groups represented.


The very cheery Kelly shared the booth with these other two ladies who had some righteous coffee from Blanchard's Coffee, located a short distance away on Forest Hill Avenue. Given that they completed my food group pyramid plus offer free WiFi at their shop, I see a return visit in the future.

I wish I could take credit for the headline for this blog, but the truth of the matter is that Kelly came up with it. She said she was kind of like a bartender for a number of her clients, who share their troubles over truffles. We can only hope they don't drive after the Vodka-Cranberry Cordials.

No comments: